All wind turbines at Burgerwindpark De Spinder are now installed. The four wind turbines are located at landfill Spinder, north of Tilburg. It comprises four Nordex N117 wind turbines with each a hub height of 91 m.
The onshore wind farm is an initiative by the members of eleven energy cooperatives in the municipality of Tilburg and the Hart of Brabant region (50%) and Energiefonds Brabant (50%). The first construction activities started in April of this year. GMB was responsible for the civil works and Van den Heuvel for the electrical works.
The turbines were installed by crane specialist BKV. The company used a Liebherr LTM 1750-9.1 crane for lifting the tower sections. The larger components, including the blades, were lifted using two cranes at one time; a 750-tonne crane and a 500-tonne crane. Image: BKV