Marlies Sikken appointed as new director Krammer Wind Farm

Marlies Sikken has been appointed as new director of the 102 MW onshore wind farm Krammer. From 1 April, Sikken will succeed Tijmen Keesmaat who was involved as director in the development and construction of the project from 2013.

Marlies Sikken (1976) has been active in the energy sector at Nuon, later Vattenfall, since 2008. From 2015 she started working in the wind energy sector. First as manager of a wind engineering team and in recent years as director HR & HSE Wind for the international branch of Vattenfall. Sikken has a business background and previously worked at KPMG in the Netherlands and Spain. She also works on various supervisory boards.

Krammer Wind Farm

Krammer Wind Farm features 34 Enercon E-115 wind turbines with 3 MW capacity along the ‘Philipsdam’ dikes bordering lake Krammer, in the province of Zeeland. It has been operational since March 2019. 60% of the wind farm is owned by two cooperatives, Deltawind and Zeeuwind, with around 5,000 members, making it the largest citizen initiative at that time in the Netherlands. The remaining 40% belonged to Enercon but was recently acquired by French company Kallista Energy.

Marlies Sikken: “The Krammer Wind Farm is a fantastic example of how citizen participation can accelerate the energy transition. A wind farm from, for and by the region in a unique location. I look forward to being able to contribute to the further success of this beautiful park.”

Tijmen Keesmaat will again be fully engaged in the development of new sustainable energy projects as director at Green Trust.

Photo: Marlies Sikken. Source: Windpark Krammer

Input your search keywords and press Enter.